Below is a library of educational resources that offer the treasure of learning for no better reason than to know more about the world in which we live. Click the links below to investigate learning opportunities.
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Biosphere 2
- Environmental Education
- Green Valley Recreation
- Kitt Peak National Observatory
- Pima Community College
- Pima County
- Pima County Public Library - Joyner-Green Valley Branch
- Pima Council on Aging
- Quail Creek Monday Night Book Club
- Tucson Visitor's Bureau
- Whipple Observatory
MOOCs - Online College and University Courses
Massive open online courses, or MOOCs, are designed like college courses but are available to anyone anywhere in the world, at no cost. You do not receive a college credit, but you will receive a certificate of completion when you complete all coursework. The courses span dozens of subjects and are taught by some of the leaders in those fields. The courses are designed to be interesting, fun and rigorous; the courses are not just in science, and not just in English. See more at MOOC List.
- CodeAcademy - Coding and programming
- Duolingo - Free language education
- EdX - Created by founding partners of Harvard and MIT
- Future Learn - Subsidiary of the British Open University
- Iversity - Germany-based courses in English and German
- Open Culture - Free courses, brain games, movies and audio and ebooks.
- Open University - British-based